Simple things a Website Needs to be Successful
The way your website is setup and designed can make the difference between a successful or not so successful online business.
Elements that are important to website design and development include:
- Site speed – fast loading pages
- Navigation (should be prominent and logical)
- Usability (meaning your site is easy for visitors to use)
- No broken links
- Minimal scroll (never make users scroll horizontally)
- Relevance (consistency with your products, services or ideas)
- Great content
- Browser compatibility
- your website needs to be able to be viewed on mobile devices, desktops, laptops and iPads.
Appearance must have’s include:
- Text that is easy to read – any color other than black or darker shades of grey should never be used on a website, except in the case of creative websites such as those of artists or musician and even in these cases white text should be kept to a bare minimum.
- text size is also important (make sure users can read your text)
- Quality photos (images that are not distorted, blurry or stretched)
- Graphics with a purpose or message
- Correct screen resolution
- the average users has their screens set to a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels – you need to make sure your sites resolution is set at pixels compatible with your users screens
You need to be able to make small changes to your website without the assistance of a web developer. Therefore, you will need your site setup on a easy-to-use CMS (content management system) such as WordPress.
Last but not least your site needs to be search engine friendly. If you implement SEO (search engine optimization) into the initial setup of your site, you will save yourself a lot of future headaches and you have the opportunity to begin ranking organically much faster.
When we develop and design your website, we’re setting you up for success by implementing all of the above features into the initial package.
Contact us now for a quote on a customized and optimized website today!